Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So, our heat is fixed now! Yay!! It's awesome to actually be warm in my house instead of having to basically sit on top of the heaters we had. I've also been trying to stay on top of my housework in preparation for my return to work in T minus 3 weeks. I'm so not happy about going back to work. I never thought I would want to be a stay-at-home mom, and some days (like today when all of the babies are being totally unpleasant), I feel like there is no way I could do it BUT I'm going to miss my kids so so much. They'll be spending more time with Rachel than with me. What if Finn starts to get confused about his mama? Then, there's the financial aspect of going back to work. James doesn't really make enough for me to stay home and I carry our (awesome) health insurance. I feel like the solution would be for me to find another job, but then I worry that I'm going to burn a bridge at Medtronic and with my bosses, who have been amazing through all of this unexpected pregnancy, bedrest, and then not being protected by FMLA. Plus, I kinda like my job (most of the time), but is it worth it to be spending these formative years away from the boys for 10-11 hours a day? I've been putting James' resume out there quite a bit and we thought we almost had a job with the company my dad works for, but he was beaten out by one other, slightly more qualified person. It sucks, but I know that when it's supposed to work out, it will. I just wish I could give James that same hope. I just talked to him on the phone and he sounds so tired and beaten down- I want to be able to do more to help because I hate it when he's like that.

1 comment:

  1. Poor James! You just gotta keep your (and his) head up and keep putting his resume out there. Either that or go back to your corner on Brooks Road :)

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0

Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it. ~Not Your Average Dictionary
While we try to teach our children all about life,Our children teach us what life is all about.~Angela Schwindt
Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. ~Phyllis Diller