Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sean's EEG and other stuff...

Sean had his EEG today to monitor for seizures that can mimic the signs of autism. I've now been making myself insane googling what normal and abnormal results look like. It started out kind of rough because he was having a meltdown about having to lay down and get the little things put on. And he's really, really strong, so I was having a super difficult time holding him and keeping him calm. I thought we may end up having to take him to Le Bonheur to get the test done so that they could papoose him, but I ended up having to bribe him with gummy sharks. It worked though and they got a good reading, which we will find out the results next week. His CT scan is scheduled for Friday, which he will have to be consciously sedated for...not sure how my boss is going to feel about my having to take off again- at least I'm down to a little over 2 weeks away from being done with work :) I'm so very excited...even though today is just a taste of what I'll be doing and as I look around my living room, it is totally and utterly destroyed...as is my bedroom, where the big boys were playing this morning- I don't really care because I'll be with my boys!

In other boys' news- Gavin had his 2 year well-baby visit last Friday and he is wonderful. He weighed in at 30lbs 12 oz (85th percentile) and 36 inches tall (90th percentile). She also pronounced him as perfectly advanced since he talks in full sentences and you can understand most of what comes out of his mouth. He's so incredibly smart- it really does blow my mind. Finn is also doing well...my milk supply is trying to drop, which is breaking my heart. I'm just hoping I can hold out for 2 more weeks at work and I should be able to get it pulled back up at home full-time...at least I'm hopeful for that since I've worked so hard to breastfeed him, I would hate to have to quit now. James and I are both good...just making things work with finishing all of the preps for staying home...it's pretty much been consuming our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it. ~Not Your Average Dictionary
While we try to teach our children all about life,Our children teach us what life is all about.~Angela Schwindt
Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. ~Phyllis Diller